Popular Posts

Monday 12 March 2012

No more GOALS from Joe Sheridan


No more GOALS from Joe Sheridan Mon 12 Mar 2012
The Meath footballers have been dealt a crushing blow with the news that Joe Sheridan left for the US this morning.
The star forward is initially away for two months, despite efforts to persuade him to stay. Sheridan works in construction and despite having a job offer here, has decided to take up another offer of employment in Boston.
News of Sheridan's departure was well known in Meath last week but when contacted the player requested that the details be kept under wraps until after the county's Allianz FL game with Galway on Sunday.
"I'm just going for a couple of months to start, but there are no definite plans set yet," Sheridan told hoganstand.com last week.
The Seneschalstown clubman marked his last appearance for the Royals with a late equalising goal when coming off the bench in yesterday's game against the Tribesmen in Salthill. However, Paul Conroy replied with the winning point for Tribesmen.
One of the game's top forwards, Sheridan is best known for his controversial winning goal in the 2010 Leinster final.
In a statement issued on his behalf by Meath County Board, Sheridan explained his decision: "After a lot of thought I have decided to emigrate to take up an opportunity I simply could not refuse. I finalized my decision last Friday.
"I would like to thank the Meath senior football team management and the Meath county board who worked hard to secure employment for me but I feel that this opportunity abroad is something I need to do.
"I would like to wish my clubmates, both club and county, the very best of luck in 2012."
http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=163973

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.